Via: Huffington Post
All the haters who say that Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has a “thin legislative resume” are totally forgetting that time she sponsored H.R. 923 (110th), which congratulated “the State of Minnesota on its 150th anniversary and the contributions it continues to make to America’s economy and heritage.”
How else would you have known that Minnesota was 150 years old? See, Michele Bachmann raised awareness!
|THINGS ATTEMPTED BY MICHELE BACHMANN||THINGS ACCOMPLISHED BY MICHELE BACHMANN|
|Referred to Committee(aka: went nowhere)||53|
|Reported by Committee(Got out of committee)||1 H.R. 850 (112th): To facilitate a proposed project in the Lower St. Croix Wild and Scenic River, and for other purposes.|
|Agreed To (Simple Resolution)||3 H.Res. 373 (111th): Expressing support for designation of the month of September as “National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month” H.Res. 923 (110th): Recognizing the State of Minnesota’s 150th anniversary. H.Res. 789 (110th): Honoring public child welfare agencies, nonprofit organizations and private entities providing services for foster children.|
|Passed House||1 H.R. 45: To repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and health care-related provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010|
|Signed Into Law||0|
Via: Yahoo News
“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life,” Tagg Romney (photo: FAR right) told the paper.
“He had no desire to … run. If he could have found someone else to take his place … he would have been ecstatic to step aside.”
Read more, HERE:
“If he could have found someone else to take his place …”
Hey, what about Michele ‘bat-shit insane’ Bachmann? Or, Herman ‘hold the sausage’ Cain? Or, ‘Frothy’ Santorum?
Well, I believe the GOP wingnuts who supported them during the campaign, thought they were eminently qualified.
Via: Mock, Paper, Scissors
Ayn and Ronnie leave for some important meetings.
Sgts Palin and Mittens reporting for Duty, Herr Kommandant.
House darlings Eric and Michele strolling around Tampax.
If you dare, see even more, HERE:
Via: Huffington Post
Congressman Richard Hanna (R-NY) is fed up with the GOP.
Hanna singled out Michele Bachmann’s “suggestion that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin be investigated to see if she has ties to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood” as an example of a party that has gone off the rails.
The Syaracuse Post-Standard has the story:
“I have to say that I’m frustrated by how much we — I mean the Republican Party — are willing to give deferential treatment to our extremes in this moment in history,” he told The Post-Standard editorial board.
…“We render ourselves incapable of governing when all we do is take severe sides…” he said. “If all people do is go down there and join a team, and the team is invested in winning and you have something that looks very similar to the shirts and the skins, there’s not a lot of value there.”
…“I would say that the friends I have in the Democratic Party I find … much more congenial — a little less anger,” he said.
Read more, HERE:
I expect to be doing another of these ‘GOP Genius of the Day’; possibly in 2013, 2014, or 2015.
But I suggest you, ‘not hold your breath’.
Via: Think Progress
Well, it’s obvious that John ‘numb nuts’ McCain didn’t even read the letter because of what he said in accusing Michele and us of making these horrible accusations. There were five letters and there were many things that are stated that are facts in each letter.
And I wish some of these numb nuts would go out and read the letter before they make these horrible allegations about the horrible accusations we’re making. “
Representative Louie Gorhmert – (R-TX)
Via: Raw Story
Anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist helped the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrate the U.S. government, according to the report that Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) cited in an attack on top State Department aide Human Abedin.
Earlier this month, Bachmann and four other Republicans sent a letter to inspectors general in the State, Homeland Security, Defense and Justice departments calling on them to investigate “potential Muslim Brotherhood infiltration” of the Obama administration by Abedin, an aide to Secretary Clinton and wife of former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY).
As evidence of their claims, the five Republicans cited “The Muslim Brotherhood in America: The Enemy Within,” a ten-part video course produced by the Center for Security Policy.
The movies claim that the “Muslim Brotherhood was helped in its efforts to achieve information dominance over the George W. Bush administration” by Norquist, a Christian.
The influential anti-tax activist is also accused of using “various organizations to promote Islamist agendas.”
Nearly every Republican in Congress has signed Norquist’s Taxpayer Protection Pledge, vowing to oppose any and all tax increases. Only 14 Republican members of 112th Congress have refused to sign the pledge.
Read more, HERE:
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is taking her refusal to fully fill out her Census form, which is a crime punishable by a $5,000 fine, to a whole new level: Invoking the memory of the Japanese internment during World War II, and the evil role that the Census played in it!
During an interview this morning on Fox News, Bachmann mostly focused on the danger of her personal information falling into the hands of the dreaded menace ACORN. But at one point, she made a very interesting appeal to history:
“Take this into consideration. If we look at American history, between 1942 and 1947, the data that was collected by the Census Bureau was handed over to the FBI and other organizations at the request of President Roosevelt, and that’s how the Japanese were rounded up and put into the internment camps,” said Bachmann. “I’m NOT saying that that’s what the Administration is planning to do, BUT I am saying that private personal information that was given to the Census Bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up, in a violation of their constitutional rights, and put the Japanese in internment camps.”
Read more, HERE:
Could it be true, Wonkers?
A Christmas Miracle in July?
Could Michele ‘bat-shit insane’ Bachmann (SEE PHOTO) end up being His Lord High Hairgel Mitt Romney’s pick for vice president?
Yeah, probably not, because our Mittens is many (many) things, but a stone cold idiot is not one of them?
It’s cute though that he probably asked her for her tax returns and stuff, you know, made her feel special, greased her a little, it’s better to have a Michele Bachmann inside the tent shining her crazy eyes out than the terrifying opposite.
But let’s say some witchy cabal of Wonkerati managed to hex Ol’ Willard into choosing Ms. B. (And let us say for the sake of this exercise, that the Rom-mann dream team then won the election.)
What would Vice President Bachmann’s portfolio be?
* Head new Task Force on Curing teh Ghey.
* Organize Department of Home Schooling.
* Start up the New Inquisition.
Well hey, it worked well for McCain.
Oh wait, nevermind.
(click the red-x, to view)
Via: Dependable Renegade
Teabagging zealot and human cuckoo clock Michele Bachmann has been granted dual-citizenship in Switzerland.
“Congresswoman Bachmann’s husband is of Swiss descent so she has been eligible for dual-citizenship since they got married in 1978. However, recently some of their children wanted to exercise their eligibility for dual-citizenship so they went through the process as a family.”
Shouldn’t that make Bachmann a commie socialist traitor in the eyes of her equally batshit insane teabag followers?
Why does she HATE America?
Michele is now eligible to run for office in Switzerland.
Please Switzerland, take her.
ALWAYS good stuff on the Dependable Renegade; check it out.
Via: Think Progress
but not very long ago, she had this to say about Mittens:
1. CAN’T BEAT OBAMA — “He cannot beat Obama,” Bachmann told ABC News in December. “It’s not going to happen.”
2. ‘NEWTROMNEY’ — During the moment that Newt Gingrich was on top, Bachmann lumped the two leading candidates together as single entity — “NewtRomney” — a corrupt insider who supported socialized Medicine and other nefarious liberal polices. “When you take a look and people say this is a two man race I would agree, but the one man is ‘NewtRomney’ and the other man is Michele Bachmann, the only proven consistent conservative,” she told CBS News.
3. ROMNEY WRONG ON IMMIGRATION, CLIMATE, STIMULUS — Bachmann went on to say that ” ‘NewtRomney‘ are on the same side as the president when it comes to cap and trade, the $700 billion bailout, illegal immigration, even the payroll tax this week.” “NewtRomney” also “advocated for the healthcare mandate,” she said.
4. ‘BIG GOVERNMENT CANDIDATE’ — During a debate in Iowa, Bachmann charged that “Mitt Romney is the big government candidate.”
5. ‘CHAMELEON’ — In a speech in Florida, Bachmann called Romney a “chameleon” for his propensity to change positions in the political winds.
6. NOT PRO-LIFE — At the same speech, she said, “If you look at Mitt Romney, he…has been very inconsistent on his positions. He has been both sides of the abortion issue, on both sides of the issue of same-sex marriage.”
7. PRO-GAY MARRAIGE — Bachmann accused Romney of signing “189 same-sex marriage licenses.” This attack was false, but Bachmann said it cast doubt on Romney’s willingness “to fight against same-sex marriage.”
8. INDIVIDUAL MANDATE — Bachmann repeatedly hit Mitt Romney for implementing the antecedent of ObamaCare while governor of Massachusetts, saying the dreaded individual mandate “was Newt Gingrich’s idea, and Mitt Romney implemented it.”
9. NOT COMMITTED TO REPEALING OBAMACARE — Bachmann often criticized Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare, which she said didn’t go far enough. “You’ve got to full-scale repeal it, and I don’t think the governors have that level of commitment to do it,” she said in a radio interview in Iowa.
and my personal favorite:
10. ROMNEY ENDORSEMENT FALSE — Back in February, Bachmann seemed to take offense at the prospect of endorsing Romney, demanding the Boston Globe retract a “completely false” story reporting that negations were in the works. “Let me be absolutely clear — there are absolutely no negotiations between me and the Romney campaign regarding any pending endorsement of Governor Romney,” she said in a statement.
- American photoghaphers
- Breaking News
- Chris Smith
- deficit reduction
- First Lady Marcus
- Fox news
- GOP morons
- nuclear disaster
- Occupy Wall Street
- Paul Ryan
- Pin-up art
- President Bush
- President Obama
- President Reagan
- Rand Paul
- Reince Prebus
- Rick Scott
- Rick Tyler
- Ron Paul
- Scott Walker
- U.S. Cities
- We Are the 99 Percent
- WPA – posters